Information to seafarers in english
Ship visits at Benediktekirken in Hamburg are part of the Danish Seamen's and Foreign Churches (DSUK). Under the motto "Far away, but not alone," we are here for you and prioritize your well-being.
We aim to visit all Danish ships in Hamburg (Bremerhaven) and offer the following services:
- Ship Visits: Offers confidential conversations over coffee, a drive, or a walk around the ship.
- Shopping: Assists with errands; contact us before arriving at the port for assistance. Will do our best to meet your needs.
- Excursions: Happy to arrange excursions if time allows.
- Books and Other Goodies from Home: In collaboration with Sea Health and Welfare and "The Seafarer’s Library" brings English and Danish books during ship visits.
We offer confidential talks over a cup of coffee, during a drive, or during a ship tour – no topics are too big or too small.
Feel free to contact us before arrival or when you are in port if there is anything else we can assist with.
- The nearest shopping facilities and pharmacies are located in Wilhelmsburg near the port area.
Contact Duckdalben if you need medical assistance or currency exchange at +49 40 7401661 or +49 40 7401660. Alternatively, visit their website: Duckdalben.de
Benediktekirken - The Danish Seamen's Church